Things to Know
Pre-Care, After Care, and Cleansing
To properly prep for your lash appointment, please be sure to read the following instructions.
Please do not wear mascara, eyeliner, moisturizer, or contacts to your lash appointment. You should arrive to your appointment with clean eyes free of makeup.
Do not use an oil based makeup remover to clean your eyelashes prior to the appointment. Oil is a contraindication for the eyelash extension set so we want to avoid oil based products.
Avoid using water-proof mascara for 72 hours prior to your lash appointment.
If you wear contacts, please be prepared to remove them during your appointment. You may put them back in once your lash appointment has been completed. If needed, please bring your travel kit to remove the contacts at the salon or simply wear your glasses to the lash appointment. This is for your eye safety. The appointment can be lengthy and we are trying to avoid any discomfort that may occur from wearing your contacts while keeping your eyes closed for a long period of time.
We also recommend showering and/or washing your hair the evening before or the morning of your lash appointment as you're not able to saturate your lash line with water for up to 12 hours after your lash appointment.
Do not drink caffeine prior to your lash appointment as it makes your eyelids jittery and prohibits you from relaxing during your appointment.
Plan to enjoy a relaxing lash appointment that will take approximately 120 minutes for a full set appointment and 60-75 minutes for a refill appointment.
Your lash extensions are attached to your own individual eyelashes and will shed as your natural lashes shed. Maintaining your eyelash extensions will require regular refills so that new extensions can be applied to your new natural lashes that have grown in where your old natural lash shed. By following the aftercare below and keeping regular maintenance appointments, your extension set can last indefinitely. Please contact ATOL within 48 hours for any issues with your lash set. ****ATOL does not offer refunds, but will do everything possible to fix any product issues. Photos will be required to document your issue. Leaving the salon indicates that you approve the lash set so check your lashes before you leave!****
During the initial 24 hours after your appointment:
● Wash your lashes with cool water and ATOL Lash Bath as soon as you can. .
● Avoid taking steamy showers, facials, saunas, and swimming pools.
● Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering, etc.
● Do not use the spa, sauna, Bikram Yoga, or tanning bed for 48 hours after your appointment. The adhesive bond needs this time to cure internally with no added heat.
● You may spray tan after your appointment.
● Avoid chemical peels, waxing, or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your Eyelash Extensions
● Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling your lash extensions. Allergies and shedding cycles will require more frequent maintenance, or refill, appointments.
● Proper hygiene is important in maintaining eyelash extensions. Please wash your eyelash extensions regularly with A Touch Of Lash foaming cleanser. If you choose to use a cleanser other than A Touch of Lash foaming cleanser, we cannot guarantee the 7-day retention policy for our extensions, as we do not know what that other cleanser’s ingredients are.
● Use caution when applying eye creams and moisturizers around the eye area. Too many oil-based products around the lash line can break down the adhesive and allow for premature shedding.
● Do not use an eyelash curler while wearing eyelash extensions. Heated eyelash curlers are safe, but unnecessary. If you’re unhappy with your curl choice, please let your lash artist know at your next appointment and a change can be made during your next scheduled refill appointment.
● We recommend sleeping on your back or on your side with your hand between your face and the pillow. If you find extensions on your pillow, sheets, sink, or vanity YOU ARE SLEEPING ON THEM. If one eye is shedding more than the other, you’re probably sleeping on them. If your extensions are crossed and twisted, you’re sleeping on them. Make an adjustment in the position that you fall asleep if you roll onto your face. Most clients are unaware that the pillow touches their face during their sleep, but your lash artist will be able to tell.
● Classic Extensions – we prefer you to not use mascara as it weakens the bond when removing it from your extensions, but if you must wear it, it must not be oil based or waterproof mascaras. Only apply mascara to the tips of the eyelash extensions and wash off with a foaming cleanser each evening.
● Volume Extensions – you are not able to use mascara or sealant. PERIOD. You will ruin your lash set.
● After showering, wait 5 minutes for your eyelash extensions to dry. Then brush them with your eyelash comb or clean and dry mascara wand.
● We recommend regular refill appointments between every 2 – 3.5 weeks to maintain the desired fullness. 4 weeks and longer will result in a full set, as you are likely to go into a large shed around week 4-5, as you get closer to the end of the bond cycle. Waiting too long for your lash refill will result in a bare lash line and an unhappy client. Refills must be no less than 30% retention or it will result in a full set. Please schedule your appointments accordingly. Feel free to contact us to reschedule if you are going through a shedding cycle and need to come in sooner than your scheduled appointment. It’s always better to come in earlier than to wait too long and have to pay for a full set again.
● If you experience any pain, irritation, redness, or itching, contact A Touch of Lash immediately.
How to wash your eyelash extensions:
Apply the A Touch of Lash foaming cleanser to the lash line using an A Touch of Lash cleaning brush. Clean the lash line in a slow, smooth, downward direction. Then, rinse your lashes off twice to ensure that the cleanser has completely come off. Gently pat your eyelids dry, and fluff after 5 minutes with a clean, dry mascara wand.
How to wash your eyelash extensions
Apply A Touch of Lash foaming cleanser to the eyelash extensions on the lash line. Using A Touch of Lash cleansing brushes, or your fingers, begin to make small, gentle, circles along the lash line to clean the lash line. You may also use disposable microswab brushes to clean between the extensions. We like the reusable brushes the best as they're durable and reusable, but still provide a gentle cleaning. Once you have thoroughly cleansed the lash line, rinse your cleanser off. Rinse once more to be sure that your lash line is completely clean. Allow for the extensions to dry for 5 - 10 minutes and fluff them back up with a clean lash wand.
General guidelines to extend the life of your Eyelash Extensions
Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling your lash extensions. Allergies and shedding cycles can bring about itchy eyes and during these times of the year more frequent maintenance appointments will be required.
Do not use an eyelash curler while wearing eyelash extensions. Heated eyelash curlers are safe, but unnecessary as the extension should keep it’s curl throughout it’s life cycle. If you’re unhappy with your curl choice, please let your lash artist know at your next appointment and the change can be made during your refill appointment.
Proper hygiene is important in maintaining the eyelash extensions. Please wash your eyelash extensions regularly with A Touch Of Lash foaming cleanser. If you choose to use a cleanser other than A Touch of Lash foaming cleanser, we CANNOT issue our 7 day guarantee, or proper retention, as we do not know if the product is approved for eyelash extensions. Products should be oil free when coming in contact with the eyelash extensions or around the eye area.
Use caution when applying eye creams and moisturizers around the eye area. Too many oil-based products around the lash line can break down the adhesive and allow for premature shedding. Put your eye cream on about an hour before you close your eyes from the evening. Then blot away any excess before closing your eyes for the night. This will ensure that the oils in the product won't transfer onto the lash extensions.
We recommend sleeping on your back or on your side with your hand between your face and the pillow. If you find extensions on your pillow, sheets, sink, or vanity YOU ARE SLEEPING ON THEM. Make an adjustment in the position that you fall asleep in and use pillows if you roll onto your face.
Classic Extensions – we prefer you to not use mascara as it weakens the bond when removing it from your extensions, but if you must wear mascara, it must be oil free and cannot be waterproof mascara. Only apply mascara to the tips of the eyelash extensions and wash off with foaming cleanser each evening. Allowing buildup on your lash line from mascara will affect the life of your lash set and you will experience retention issues. If you haven’t already, ask your lash artist about our Black Magic Sealant to use instead of mascara or upgrade to a volume set of extensions to achieve a fuller look.
Volume Extensions – you are not able to use mascara or sealant. Using these products on your volume lashes will ruin your volume extensions.
After showering, please wait a 5 -10 minutes for your eyelash extensions to dry and avoid rubbing them. Then, brush them with your eyelash comb or clean and dry mascara wand. Never brush your extensions while they are wet. The hair follicles are more delicate when wet and you risk pulling your lashes out if you brush them while wet.
We advise for regular refill appointments between every 2-3.5 weeks to maintain the desired fullness.
If you experience any pain, irritation, redness, or itching, please contact A Touch of Lash immediately.
24 hours notice is required to change your booked appointment. If 24 hours notice is not received, a fee will be applied to your future booking.
If you have a serious illness and cannot make it to your appointment, please get in touch with us ASAP. Rescheduling fees may be waived on a case by case basis.
If you have a complimentary appointment scheduled and you do not provide 24 hours notice for rescheduling, or no show, to the appointment, the complimentary appointment is voided.
If you are late to your appointment, you are still required to pay the full service pricing that was originally scheduled. If you are late to your appointment, please note that your lash fullness will be compromised as there may not be sufficient time to achieved your desired look. Extending the time of your appointment after arrive late is not a possibility, so please plan to arrive 5 minutes EARLY to all scheduled appointments. Please book your next future appointment accordingly as you may need to come back sooner to make up for the lost appointment time and lack of fullness due to your tardiness.
Clients more than 15 minutes late will have to be rescheduled and will be considered a "confirmed no-show". A fee may be applied for future booking.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE